Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bucket List item - check



Event: Seeing The Eagles in concert December 1, 2008

Time on the road to get to the concert: 3 1/2 hours

Time waiting for this concert: 20 years

Person who convinced me to go: My love - thank you Trish.

Average number of beers consumed per person: 17

Number of beers consumed by me: 0

Number of drunk guys that passed out on my row: 2

Average age of the audience: 50

Average emotional age of the audience: 16

Odd fact: They had an intermission. Intermission? At a rock concert? I guess they had to take their high blood pressure pills.

Only regret: Not having someone there to share it with (no one wanted to spring for a ticket). I did text my family throughout the show giving them play by play updates.

Favorite moment: Right at the beginning when they walked in - Being in the same room with my favorite band and singer (Don Henley). Awesome.

Favorite songs performed: Hotel California (with a 2 minute spanish trumpet solo), Life's Been Good, Boys of Summer, Desperado. Harmonies sooo tight.

Seat location: Center stage, row 17 baby.

Concert ticket: $250

Rental car: $150

Spending 3 1/2 hours in sheer heaven: priceless

8 comments:

Camille said...

I don't know why but I'm totally crying right now. This is so freakin' cool Matt! Honestly, I am so glad that you did this for yourself. I'm sorry you had to go by yourself but I'm sure you had a blast anyway!! AWESOME!!!

. said...

I'm so glad you went, Matt! Way to live in the now! It inspires me...I think I need to make a bucket list. Wanna run a marathon with me?
I love you, honey.

Judy Francisco said...

Oh, yeah, we have to nurture ourselves--so we're better able to nurture others... Good job.

Sara Boulter said...

I love you for this Matt. Seriously, I was so excited for you that night. I thought about you having the time of your life and how glad I am for you! I have a bucket list and I try to do something once a month on it...It needs some attention right now. You inspire me brother.

Anonymous said...

Daddy, i am so glad that you went to that concert! I love you so much!!!!!!! Now i gotta check one of my bucket list stuff off...maybe well do the solo one first...I dont know. Well see i guess. I kinda want to see that concert now, I like their music,They remind me so much of when i was little and i memorized like 10 of their songs cuz you listened and sang them so much, and i still like them,(and I am tellin the truth). I think one of my favorite songs is Desperado. That song has so much memories behind it. I remember we would always sing it together while you played on the piano. Thank you for teaching me some parts of your life and being a wonderful inspiration and daddy.
I love you.

Maddy

Cade said...

Awesome Matt. But come on "Take it Easy" reading this blog gave me a "Peaceful easy feeling." I have loved the Eagles since discovering them in college. You should totally hear me "rock" with them as I sing along in my car smashing the steering wheel to "Heartache Tonight"!

Speaking of the word "Rock." Remember when everything "Rocked." We wished people to "Rock on" and the word could be used for everything. Kind of like the word Smurf. Ahh the good old days. See you at the end of the next marathon old man!

Liz, in New York said...

Wow. Like seriously, wow. I'm so happy for you. And now I'm all inspired to figure out my own bucket list and then get to checking stuff off on it. Really, very cool. I'm glad you were able to go and I'm glad it was awesome.

PS I want to see you in that Neil Diamond pantsuit next Halloween. Don't think about it, just do it. Amen.

JoDee said...

Very cool Matt. So glad you got to do this! Sorry you didn't have someone to share it with live, but it sounds like you had a blast nonetheless. Love you!!